If you think you need emergency contraception, it’s important to act quickly.
Emergency contraception is a safe, effective and responsible method of preventing pregnancy when regular contraception has failed or if no contraception was used
Emergency contraception (sometimes described as the morning after pill) can be effective up to 72 hours after unprotected sex but is more effective the sooner you use it.
Remember, emergency contraception cannot protect against a sexually transmitted infection.
Talk to your Pharmacist or Doctor if you have any questions about STI’s or visit www.thinkcontraception.ie for more information.
Morgan’s Medical Hall have been trained to treat requests for emergency contraception professionally and confidentially. The Pharmacist will need to ask a few simple questions before you are given Norlevo® 1.5mg*. This will help the Pharmacist ensure that Emergency Contraceptive pill is suitable for you to use. If for any reason it is not suitable, the Pharmacist will direct you another source of help and support.
Some of the reasons it may not be suitable to supply Norlevo® 1.5mg include:
- too much time has passed for the medicine to be effective
- you are taking other medicines that interact with Norlevo® 1.5mg
- you have an existing medical condition that means it is not safe to take Norlevo® 1.5mg
- your last period was irregular in some way
- If you weigh more than 75 kg (11st,11lb). It has been shown that this emergency contraceptive pill’s effectiveness is greatly reduced in women weighing over 75 kg (11st,11lb), and that it is not effective in women weighing over 80 kg (12st, 8lb).
You will be supplied with the medication, along with advice from the Pharmacist on how it should be taken. Your Pharmacist will also offer you advice on the options available for long-term methods of contraception.
*Norlevo® 1.5mg should not replace regular, long-term contraception. Always read the label. Contains levonorgestrel. Not 100% effective.viagra tabletten